search...

Google

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snow=Ski

Now that Spring Weather finally made its presence felt over the weekend. It sure is time to stop procrastinating and to post my first ski adventure.
Up to Campgaw Mountain we went in Mahwah, NJ one weekend to try out skiing for the first time. Everyone who knows me knows that one thing I'm not good at is my balance. I've tried to improve it though with some yoga and boxing and I think it did a lot of help. So I got all my courage together to give this adventure a shot! Thanks to ate Cholie for going with me and for helping me go through with it!
It was only a 30-minute ride to Campgaw so we were on line, renting our skiis and poles in no time. The kids, Raphael and Nicholas decided to go tubing while David was the brave one to go snowboarding. Ate Cholie and I signed up for a short introductory ski lesson for first-time skiiers and in an hour, we were ready to take on the bunny slope!
First-Timer's Things to Remember:
  1. Legs should be wide apart
  2. Lean forward!
  3. Skiis should form a "V," a "wedge," or a "pizza" to slow down or to stop
  4. If you can't get up after falling, just remove the skiis and put them back on soon as you're back on your feet!
  5. Layer,layer,layer!
It was definitely a lot of fun although I must admit that I fell many many times... got tired and hungry! But I'll do it again... taking it slow and having lotsa fun!

No comments: